1) The basics won’t take long to learn.
2) It doesn’t take long to start playing songs.
No Pain, No Gain:
1) You will struggle and get frustrated at times.
2) Your fingers will hurt.
3) Playing well does take some time!
4) You have to do the work, not me!
Here’s an Analogy:
It’s like a sport. Learning the rules of the game is like learning the method of guitar. It doesn’t take long to start “playing.” But professional athletes practice 6 hours a day to do what they do (and so do many pro guitarists). So give yourself some time.